Did Not Attend Policy - Introduction
Approximately 150 appointments per month are ‘Did Not Attend’ (DNA), i.e. the patient does not turn up for the appointment and did not contact the surgery in advance to cancel/change the appointment. The effect of DNA's are:
- An increase in the waiting time for appointments
- Frustration for both staff and patients
- A waste of resources
If a patient fails to attend a pre-booked appointment with a doctor, practice nurse or health care assistant on two occasions they will receive a formal warning letter. Any further failure to attend an appointment will result in removal from the practice list.
If a patient fails to attend a booked on the day appointment (emergency appointment) they will be removed from the surgery list after only one more DNA.
To Cancel your appointment
- Come into reception and tell us in person
- Ring reception on 012572 62081
- Cancel your appointment through Library House Surgery web site - select the link from the home page 'Cancel your appointment'